Mining tour to LKAB Malmberget
On an average day all year around, iron ore equivalent in steel to around six Eiffel Towers is mined in LKAB´s operation
Visit LKAB's iron ore mine in Malmberget and get an insight into one of Sweden's most important industries. The entire mining process is presented at LKAB's research and visitor center before the bus journey descends 1250 meters underground. On this mine tour, you'll get straight down and right into the production. The mine tour is held in both Swedish and English.
- Time and date: Monday-Friday at 09:00-12:00, from Monday 17 July to Friday 25 August,
except week 32.
*Mining tour can also be arranged on request during weekdays before and after these dates
- Start and end location: Gällivare Tourist Center/Train Station - Address: Centralplan 4
- Price (adult): 400 SEK/person
- Price (youth, student, senior): 300 SEK/person
- Number of participants: Minimum 5 people and maximum 32 people per mining tour
- Duration: About 3 hours
- Important information: The age limit is 12 years. Youth price applies from 12-17 years.
Students must present a student card. Senior from age 65
- Seat reservation: Made to Gällivare Tourist Center by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling
+46 (0)970-102 20, no later than 15:00 the day before the mine tour
Provide the following information about all participants:
- First and last name
- Phone number
- E-mail (only for booking manager per party)
- Payment: Card payment at Gällivare Turistcenter no later than 08:30 on the same day as the mine tour
LKAB is responsible for safety during the mining tours and has accident insurance that covers the visitors. However, it does not cover damage to private property during the visit. The times for the mining tours are determined by LKAB and can be changed or canceled without prior notice. Force majeure: neither LKAB nor Gällivare Tourist Center is responsible for damage caused by the action of authorities, war events, riots, general shortage of means of transport, general shortage of goods, labor market conflict, or other events beyond the company’s control. LKAB and Gällivare Tourist Center must in such a situation do everything to limit the operational and financial consequences.
Good to know before the mining trip:
- Visitors must be fluent in Swedish, English, or Spanish and be able to provide identification
- LKAB equips visitors with suitable protective clothing
- The temperature in the mine is always between 8-18 degrees Celsius
You can find more information about LKAB's mining operations at www.lkab.com
Address: Centralplan 4, 982 36 Gällivare
Phone. +46 (0)970-102 20